Community Favorites

Friday, May 13, 2016

Spring Blossoms







What a beautiful Spring we're having here in the Pacific North West!  Everything here is now in Full Bloom and the air smells like perfume.  It's the time of year I most like having the windows open.  In comes the cool breeze, the fresh sunshine, and best of all the wonderful smells of fresh cut grass & lilacs! 

This year my little crab apple tree has really outdone its self!  The hot pink clusters of those blooms!!  One of my favorite stamp sets immediately came to mind, "Beauty Around You" designed by Phyllis Harris and carried by Unity Stamp Co.  & you can no doubt see why! 



I wanted to make some of the Blooms float across the card, so I kept the negative of the frame I put the image to use as a window.  I cut a piece of clear plastic packaging to give it strength and the look of glass and a place to put accents.

I love the idea of a surprise inside so I created a label to hide one of the children while the card is closed.  The sentiment comes From another Unity Stamp Co Phyllis Harris Design "Best Day Includes You".  I divided the sentiment so the card goes from celebrating the best of Spring ~ to the joyful abandon of sharing it with someone you Love!




Thank you for taking a look at my FIRST EVER BLOG POST!!!  Feel free to comment and come back again; I'll be sharing more of our county life and lots and lots more rubber stamping & paper crafting.  Feel free to use this link to find the rubber stamps I used in this project https://www.unitystampco.com/?s=phyllis&post_type=product



1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.