Community Favorites

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Super Mom!






For all of the Mom/Daughter relationships
 

Mom's are our unsung heroes sometimes, aren't they?  When I saw this stamp set I fell in love! I put an "M" on her shirt badge and pieced her skirt with embossed dots.  I liked the urban feeling of the brick background and stamped the sentiment as if it were graffiti.  The frame is out of a retired set from Stampin' Up "Shining Star"


I also added the die cut red stars reflecting the negative of the white stars in the frame. 



For me, the inside is pretty special because so many kids have trouble believing in themselves.  I know my mom was my biggest champion and probably still is 
 


You might also notice that the inside is the debossed side of the brick wall.  It was so pretty I did not want to cover it so I cut the back of the card with enough extra to extend a small way across the front, enough to hold the original brick and still look intentional.  I like decorating the insides &/or back too!

Below is a list of supplies:



Laney Girl (aka Super Mom) designed by Angie Blom at Unity Stamp Co's web site( https://www.unitystampco.com/shop/laney-girl/ )






Inside sentiment "She's yor best friend . . . " From the KOM at Unity https://www.unitystampco.com/shop/happy-thankful-blessed-kom-914/ 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.