Community Favorites

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Frosty Fields

Good morning friends!  Did you wake up to deep, fluffy, frosty snow this week?  We sure did!  It is beautiful !!!(unless you have to drive in it!)

Well here is another frosty, cold card inspiration.  I am hooked on this masking and layering technique! And it's so easy, I hope you'll find fun in doing it too :)


First I round punched a piece of paper for a mask and put it in the position on my cardstock that I would want the sun (or moon - depends on how you're looking at it!)  Making sure that it does not move I began rubbing color around it with a sponge tip blender (I think a cotton ball or some other means to quietly smear color will work just as well).


Make sure the circle will not be moved. you can use a repositionable adhesive on the back of the circle to help with this. I used several colors of blue and gradually darkened the horizon line and stayed light higher above.  Once satisfied with the colors and blending, remove the paper circle.   


Now get out some darker inks and begin stamping in the "weeds".  I used the second and third generation ink (stamping again and again without re-inking) to create depth.  Oh, you'll be so excited in how this begins to come together!!!


I then die cut birds out of some paper I'd just randomly water colored. With dimensional tape, perch a bird (mine are from Impression Obsession) on a stem or maybe cut out a fancy label or banner with a sentiment instead!!  I also die cut the frame from "Memory Box's Frostyville Frame" and frosted it with glitter.


Attach it all in layers on coordinating card stock & base and done! I really hope you try it out - it is great instant gratification!!


I stamped this several times because I just love the look.  With this one I did the dryer sheet technique of  glittering the entire background.  I added some yellow to the outer rim of the moon to make it show up more through the layer of fabric and glitter over it.  I also decided it was all too faint and stamped some of the weeds over the top of the dryer sheet.  I love the results! 


Have fun and share your ideas and creations in the comments below :)

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Love the backgrounds on both of them! The second one has such a lovely shimmer to it!! Great stamping!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, but you need to link this post only to our challenge and not your entire blog. Had to scroll through all the posts to find it to make comment. Can you please re-enter the entries you wish to enter our challenge with on all separate posts thanks.
    Annette DT Leaser for Classic Design Team Open Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.