Community Favorites

Thursday, June 16, 2016

A Splash of Color!

This weeks "Can You Case It?" Challenge was so inspirational! 
http://canyoucaseit.com/?subscribe=success#blog_subscription-2


I wanted my card to have a colorful splash reveal an image that would otherwise be invisible!!


 


Now that I have tried it I am excited to do this with so many of my stamps and sentiments! 


First I took a square of watercolor paper.  After prepping it with an anti-static "Embossing Buddy" I used Versa Mark ink to print the image and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I then wet, with a clean brush, the places I wanted the ink to splash and applied color with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Water Color Markers. I love the results, I especially like just making a portion of the image appear!


To finish, I embossed some little sparkly flowers on the edge of a strip of vellum and then added, with black embossing powder, the sentiment so that I could plan where it would appear in relation to the rest of the card.  I sprinkled a few little gems for a 3rd element and some added dimension and the card is complete!


Both the image and the sentiment are from Unity Stamp Co
Clear Embossing Powder from ZING! (leaves a detailed and glossy, mostly solid image)

7 comments:

  1. http://canyoucaseit.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/I-played-at-CYCI.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally gorgeous! I love all the splashes of wonderful! Thanks for joining CYCI :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Such beautiful bursts of colors. Thanks for joining us at CYCI---Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Christine! I am really excited to be participating at CYCI !!

      Delete
  4. Full of color, full of pep's, love it ! Thank you for joining us at CYCI. Audrey DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! look at all that gorgeous color! Beautiful background! Thanks for joining us at Can You Case It? --Elizabeth Jeanne (Happy Stamper)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.