Community Favorites

Monday, June 1, 2020

It's Graduation Guys!

Pandemic or not, graduation season is upon us and we around the world honor our youth, celebrating an important milestone in their lives as they prepare for their 'next step'.  

For my family, the ceremony is celebrating the high school graduation of a son! A unique ceremony to say the least; the kids were not allowed to group up for  photos, and they proceeded across the outdoor football field with 6ft in between themselves, while we watched from our vehicles parked around the track ~ but I think it was one of the most beautiful, joy filled commencements I have ever been to!  I am so thankful that they were even able to have a ceremony, since, I'm sure, many will not.  My thoughts & prayers are with those whose day has not been so great.  

Since my own son was part of the ceremony I had double duty making grad cards!  For myself, the next best thing to a no color card presentation is a water colored one.  'Quick' and 'easy'!!!

My all time favorite grad images are from Unity Stamp Co, the art work of Angie Blom 💗  So I use them every year, but I try to figure out new elements to keep them fresh!  
This year, as part of the Kit of the Month, Unity included this gorgeous compass and roses image.  My idea was to make it a shadow in the background.  I think it turned out incredible!!!!  I love this image on its own too.

**Trouble shooting ~ sharing my mistakes so you won't have to make them!!
1. Our school colors are black and red, but I had antique in my head for the shadow stamping ~ ugg, I had already used the sepia ink on half of the cards when I realized that a gray would be soooo much better!  So think about your colors before you stamp!!!

2. As I made the clouding background around the graduate I learned that the black watercolor separates into shades of purple, while the grays seemed to keep their color integrity!  I used Zig real brush watercolors for this, but you'll want to check your dilution on a test paper BEFORE you begin!!

3.  A problem with sentiments?  I don't know how many they have, but nearly every time I need a unique sentiment I find it with the Unity Stamp Co!!  I keep a log of them stamped like a dictionary so that I can find the right one when I want ~ aren't these wonderful for graduation?  💙  
 
I hope some normalcy is returning to your world and I hope to share a little of my joy with you today!  I am filled with gratitude that our creator allowed these kids to have a generous proportion of  love & beauty on this day; even in the midst of so much sadness and chaos.  They are the leaders, homemakers, parents and service people of tomorrow and I send out prayers for all graduates, be it kindergarten or college level.  May their futures be blessed and their milestones be celebrated.

              
               
our town and parents did so many wonderful things for the 2020 seniors: car parade, lawn posters lining the streets, the whole day in general!  My family would like to extend out heartfelt gratitude over making these kids and in particular, our kid, feel so honored at the end of this season of life that did't include a 'last day of school' or a prom or so many other small rights of passage that are normally part of the senior year they look forward to.  Because of the hard work and love from these residents and parents it was possibly the best graduation ever! THANK YOU!

#graduation #rubberstamping #scrapbooking #cardmaking #ssswchallenge #Unitystampco #classof2020 #zigkuretake #kom #kitofthemonth #washitape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.