Community Favorites

Thursday, June 18, 2020

Accidentally on Purpose!

I am excited to share this card because for me it is different than what I usually put together.  I know it probably looks like an average card to most, but I usually don't mix colors, and textures the way I have in this.  

In fact the entire compilation was conceived haphazardly!!  Just different elements I'd made winding up on top of each other in my 'creative stack'.  

One little secret is that the mono-printed background paper had a mar on it I didn't like and the foreground piece covers it nicely!  And you would never guess it but her chest flesh is paper pieced.  I REALLY messed up coloring so I stamped a new chest, colored and cut it. Waa Laa!!  I didn't want to throw her away when I spent so much time coloring clothing, hair and roses!!  
Also, the shiny frame is made with double-stick tape covered with Nuvo Gold Gilding flakes (I am now addicted to using these flakes to make all kinds of borders and stripes as well as covering snow flakes, die cuts and entire card bases with it!!)

I just LOVE it!!  The way all of the colors compliment each other ~ I enjoy looking at this one so I have it on my desk as a decoration.  I also think it would be a great element in a frame, scrapbook or as a pocket in a larger project!  Maybe even a book cover!

I have also come to love adding a little frame under my vellum die cuts.  It highlights them nicely and is a great way to stick them to my projects!
***additionally, I used Zing purple embossing powder with a metallic finish, Unity Stamp Co planner girl & sentiment, Zig watercolors, distress ink for antiquing background, prima oil pastels for mono-printing, vellum and a triple stacked white circle frame under the vellum label.

#papercraft #scrapbooking #fussycutting #monoprinting #watercolor #rubberstamping #stamping #embossing #heatembossing #pressureembossing #distressink #oilpastel #zig #Primamarketing #unitystampco #recycling #kaisercraft #Zing

2 comments:

  1. What a very sweet card, many thanks for joining in with our 'Embossing' theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great design with the beautiful image and golden accents.
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.