Community Favorites

Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Graduation Gratitude

Well, I join you with post graduation salutations!!  Summer work is underway, the balloons and ribbons have been taken down, preliminary packing has begun.  So many shared loads of blessings, so it is time to thank them all.  I had some great photos to share showing mass production of these cards and how amazingly quick and easy they were, but.....  I edited, labeled and then erased them 🤯.

I re-did what I could, but of course, I couldn't get the light right and in my head the originals were SO BEAUTIFUL and these are Waa waaa... 🤣  They did turn out really well for mass production so I wanted to share with you anyway!!

  1. I first cut and scored all of the cards at once, folded them 'open' and stamped the insides... done!
  2. Using the MISTI and rubber stamps from Unity Stamp Co I first placed the graduate and stamped all of the card fronts....done
  3. Next came the map image.  I stamped all of them with Ranger Distress ink in Old Paper, then I stamped them all a second time with random smudges of Twisted Citron and as a final step grazed the edges of the stamp with Antique Linen and stamped the map a 3rd time!  Really, it went quickly!! A lot fasted then stamping each one with all 3 colors and moving to the next.
  4. Then the easiest step, place and stamp the compass.  I used VersaFine Clair in Twilight
  5. After that it was a small matter of masking off only the graduate and adding the 3 blues.  No need to mask anything else, but I did leave some white space randomly around the map & compass.                                          
  6. I was going to make this a 1 layer but I just thought the sentiment got lost so I added a die cut and mounted it with foam tape banner style.  
  7. A little washi for a pop of color (I thought the lower left looked a little blank) and they were all done!!
I am often lucky to make 1 card every week or 2, so I am REALLY EXCITED to have 20 of these done at once ~ & I think they look special enough to make the recipients feel extra appreciated too!!
                   


 Hope you're feeling inspired and if you need a lot of quick cards you're not feeling intimidated! Here is the great Unity sentiment inside.
 
I experimented with Nuvo drops, a pearl and a gem... 
 
I hope you find many things in your daily life to be thankful for!  I am thankful for you!  I love that you stop by and I love that you are reading these words.  Have a SUPER, BEAUTIFUL,CREATIVE DAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.