Community Favorites

Sunday, June 28, 2020

Summer on my Mind

Ahhh, long days of Summer.  When I look at this stamped image I can almost feel the heat of the sand seeping into my bones, both from the sun above and the sand below.  As I made this card I had my 19 year old daughter on my mind.  Out on her own for the first time, living her dream, I miss her!  So my big plan was to make a gift card holder on the inside, check that out!

The beach bag image is fussy cut 
with an extra 1/4 inch of length
 folded under on each side 
to make a pocket space for
gift cards, money, etc !!!
All of the stamps I used are from the Unity Stamp Co Kit of the Month & are stamped on watercolor paper, colored with Zig watercolors. I love the beachy feeling of the shabby layers, distressed edges & cloud shaped, stitched edge.   I also accented the sand with Nuvo Crystal drops in antique rose and copper penny -&- the tassels on the beach blanket deep teal Liquid Pearls

The large matt is actually the inside of the card, hinged with an additional piece of designer paper on the inside!  There are glossy accents on the camera, sparkles on the seashells, gold washi down one side and pearl accents in taupe near the bottom.

Hope your Summer is going well, blessings ~ Wendy

#papercraft #scrapbooking #fussycutting #watercolor #rubberstamping #stamping #embossing #heatembossing #pressureembossing #distressink #oilpastel 
 #unitystampco 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.