Community Favorites

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Feeling Blue !



Another masking project using this simple, fast and beautiful technique.  The tiny white details fairly "pop" off of the page along with the beautiful camera its self !!!

So If you didn't already see the post "Mono Chrome & Masking" which immediately precedes this post, you are welcome to check out the super easy technique there.

If you're wondering how to achieve the details, here's what I did:  I cut out each "large leaf" & flower cluster individually from my masking image and stuck them down not worrying about shading over the top of the lines.  For the super tiny leaves ~ I left them exposed and went back in with a tiny dot from a white gel pen afterwards.
Also, to keep the words crisp & sharp, I stamped the sentiment last. That way there will be no ink cloud over the top of it.

I also added a few dots with Nuvo Glitter Drops in Midnight Sky. They shimmer beautifully but I wasn't able to capture that on camera!  Have fun creating your own masking project!

Check out the right side bar for a few of my favorite places to enter challenges

For the white frame, I used a combination of a border punch and die cut the other edge with a stitched scallop from Lawn Fawn I overlapped the corners and cut a 45 degree diagonal before attaching it with liquid glue.  All of the Stamps are from Unity Stamp Co and the Sunburst background was made with a SunnyStudio embossing folder.

8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love this set. You’ve inspired me to give it another try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. And it’s a reminder, we don’t always have to color the whole image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack! You made me fall in love with that camera stamp, and I could not find it on the Unity website! How adorable it is, and your card is precious, Wendy! Beautifully done! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you see this Donna!! Its "Focus on the Things" by Angie Blom at Unity :) And thank you for your kind comments!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.