Community Favorites

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Glycerin Fall Leaves

Just a quick post about preserving Autumn Leaves!  After searching Pinterest I came up with the formula of 1 part glycerin and 2 parts water.  I used hot water and stirred it well.  I had planned to "paint" the leaves with the solution but I soon realized that it would be way easier to dip them in it.

I took the dipped leaves and put them on an aluminum cookie sheet. Once I was done I sandwiched them with a second cookie sheep and topped that with a heavy stack of dishes. 

In all fairness I will mention that the pin said I should pour the solution into the cookie sheet, but I didn't want a mess squeezing out!!  I only hope that I got enough on them to do the job! No mention of not using aluminum so I'm hoping there is no ugly discoloration caused by it! 






Now pinterest informs me I need to wait for 4 to 6 days . . . . . .


Well this is taking forever!!

3 comments:

  1. You make me giggle and I so love to giggle! Your fall leaves are amazing! I am afraid they are just going from green to brown where I love. :( Your leaves are stunning. Can't wait to see what you do with them! I left you a comment back on my blog about the plane card. It's on a separate layer. :) Hugs and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have to show us the results! They look beautiful, we dont have much fall colored leaves here in the southwest.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.