Community Favorites

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Gift Bag 101 !! PIP Challenge 1804 Bugaboo

Well, if it's snowing may as well make the best of it!!! I love this little pup from Bugaboo Stamps!  So snow day happy, so playful!!  The perfect subject for the ANIMAL THEME challenge from Pammie's Inky Pinkies.  Sponsoring this week's challenge is . . . .  you guessed it BUGABOO Stamps!!  A fantastic sponsor, they are offering a $12 shopping spree in their store for this week's PIP Challenge Winner!! That can go a  -  l   o   n   g  -  way because their items are priced so well!  For instance, this sweet Terrier, "Winter Puppy Dog" is only $2.

I printed this one fairly large ~ with digital images you can print them tiny, skewed, giant, or even layers.  Really, digis are like owning so many more that one stamp per image!!


Printed on plain cardstock and colored with pencils,  I used blender pens to soften the pencil edges and mix multiple colors I used for depth. I've found this to be a great alternative to using water color paper, witch has a different texture & feel.  I also added deep black marker to his eyes creating a more energetic bright eyed look :) as well as experimenting with outlining his nose!
For the painted snow effect I used white out & left a small unpainted space between "mounds".  I also piled on 2 kinds of glitter in the snowy foreground only!!

Well, super fun to share with you all again!!  I hope you will have a little animal inspiration of your own and come join us for  PIP Challenge 1804 all week!!  Maybe I'll see you in the winners circle!!

2 comments:

  1. Your winter puppy is adorable! His expression is the best....not sure what he is thinking, but I bet it's something fun!! Love how you made the snow and also like your coloring....great depth in the image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so sweet Terri!! Thank you ~ have a fun week ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.