Community Favorites

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

News from the Ever Cool Originals (ECO) 4-H Club

Hello again friends :)  Thought I would share with you today a fun tutorial on masking!  I had this idea for my little 4-H Club so that every member would have some knowledge of the basics of rubber stamping and scrapbooking.



We are constructing our own little "Sampler Scrapbook" of techniques!!  Our first page was concerning "Resist", which I did not document.
But here's the final result. Each page includes one technique & defines it!
           


Our second page is all about masking!!  So much fun ~ the kids are visibly delighted with the results, especially since how great it looks can't be seen until removing the mask!

Here are the basic steps in photographs:


It may look confusing, but EACH TIME YOU STAMP cut out the identical image and place it over the one you've just stamped!  Don't remove any of the masks until you're finished. HINT:  I use inexpensive copier paper for masking, & sometimes acetate for hardier, re-usable masks!

ANOTHER NOTE OF IMPORTANCE: It is important when you cut out your images to "split the line" as you cut. With heavier materials such as cardstock or acetate you will want to eliminate the line as you cut. If you cut on the line or outside of it you will wind up with a 'glow' around your image where the ink can not touch!





As I stamped the last images I did not have to cover them with a mask since nothing more was going to go over or around them!  REMOVE the mask & color in any desired areas!  It is that simple (time consuming but simple)                          

Hooray! Next meeting is heat embossing and pressure embossing!! If you have any questions, ideas to share or need more clarity, please don't hesitate to comment below  !!  Have a great sunshiney day !!  😎

2 comments:

  1. I love this card!! It feels like spring. I love the butterflies and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Great tool for future reference.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.