Community Favorites

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Happy Mail!!

Who doesn't love getting something fun in the mail??  As a grown-up it starts to be all about the bills!  That's part of the magic of sharing notes with others via snail mail!!  It doesn't have to be a birthday or Anniversary to send something so simple that makes others feel so special.

Here's Newton doing just that!! Do you know Newton?  Head on over to Newton's Nook Designs (NND) and there you can find out all about him (true story) and the great little shop of delightfulness that includes all his friends and so much more!!

It just so happens that NND is sponsoring our PIP Challenge #1818 this week too!!  The weekly  challenge is ANYTHING GOES and the prize is $15 to spend in their store!!!

One of my favorite things at NND is the stencils!  I thought this "Starfield" stencil looked like the bokah that fills the air in the summertime!  Doesn't it look a little like the out of focus, sundrenched seed pods etc that float around in the hot air??
                I was careful as I stenciled in selectively the dots from the stencil with the blue and then I added in the dots as well as the stars with the yellow after shifting the stencil a little.

Newton is stamped and heat embossed on a white circle die-cut & colored in with a combination of gel pens and watercolor.   The little leaf sprig is from the "Beautiful Leaves" stamp set & washi wrapped all the way around helps dress up the inside too.  

2 sizes of sequins finish it of with a little sparkle factor!(I added those in along with a some extra grass after I thought I was done!!)
Let's see what your friends can anticipate finding in their mail box! (or maybe tucked inside a book, bag, or locker!)  I promise I will check out your entries at PIP Challenges and maybe even leave a comment on your blog!!  Have fun 

5 comments:

  1. So cute! Our mailbox is a mile away. Wonder if I could train a kitty to receive it and deliver?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card....this is one of my favorite Newton images!! Great use of washi tape - I'm always stumped on what to do with it! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your use of washi tape, since I mainly use mine to hold my die cuts in place. LOL. Newton is my fave and your card is great! Love it!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Such a pretty card! I love the way you colored the mailbox and kitty! The shine and dimension on the mailbox is awesome! Thank you for featuring our images on Pammies Inky Pinkies Challenge Blog!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Jen, your shine and dimension are out of this world. I purchased that stencil but haven't had time to play with it. You are spot on about snail mail, hopefully I will improve my track record.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.