Community Favorites

Saturday, January 12, 2019

Winter Solitude

I love Winter. 
I know it sounds strange, but I love the snowy days (as long as I don't have to drive much in it!) It doesn't matter if it is brilliant sunshine out or gloomy gray.  I love it!  It is the best time for introspection, heavy reading and of course making "Winter" cards. I love the quiet solitude so that's what I try to channel while I craft.  I also love to create depth so the aspen trunks really delight me!!

 These images are from Impression Obsession Stamps & I had such fun combining them with different stamps and die-cuts!!  I used water color on regular card stock to color them and layered in the snow hills with a stitched edge.


Inside the cards you can see the embossing
that is just a frame for the outside images.

Both sentiments are from Unity Stamp Company and the inside of the card is debossed snowflakes or swirls.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Wendy! It's always a pleasure visiting your blog and seeing what new "hi" notes you are sharing. The sentiment on your lovely cards seems to depict your heart so beautifully! GORGEOUSNESS, and such generosity of spirit! Love especially the deer in front of the homestead. Thanks for sharing, and have a wonderful week! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.