Community Favorites

Thursday, January 10, 2019

Floating Easel Snow Ornament

        I love a great challenge!! This week I found a fun one blogged on Mississippi McGyver: Mixed Media Floating Easel cards using stencils.  You can find the Challenge link up at  STAMPlorations' January Mixed Media Challenge!
            
This is the first time I've tried this style of card and it was a lot of fun. I found it is best to use very sturdy paper so that there is no drooping or stretching when the easel is open!!  I would  also advise you to start with the window frame you plan to use. Then you can determine the size of the card to go around it and also if your subject is going to look proportionate to the opening!

For mine I layered up several snowflakes descending in size on both sides using dimensional tape & lots of glitter!!  Don't forget to put your thread or string through the inside of the project so you can suspend it from the frame opening. 

Sponged with Tim Holtz's Oxide ink, the beautiful snowflake stencil is a great find from Newton's Nook Designs.  I used several gems to tie it aesthetically to the 3D ornament as well as 3 colors of Nuvo Crystal drops here & there.
                                                                         
Happy Winter!!  Hope you find time to craft.  I'll watch for your projects at the STAMPlorations Challenges!!  

2 comments:

  1. Wowza. I am so glad you were inspired. This snowflake floating easel is beyond WOW! I would so copy it if I wasn't already done with winter. Three weeks of nothing but snow and cold I am looking forward to spring. I am going to have to keep your card in mind when winter comes round again. Thanks for sharing with STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.