Community Favorites

Monday, August 19, 2019

Butterfly Inspiration

Yesterday's butterfly post inspired me to try something a little different from my usual colorful butterfly projects!  This time I thought I would color outside the. . . well, butterfly!

I started with a beautiful sprinkle of flowers from a Unity KOM "Hey Girl" & repeatedly stamped it with iridescent embossing on vellum for a beautiful, sparkling background.  But here I am ~ trying to think outside of the box ~ so I put the background on top of  a single stamped image (in black) of the butterfly from Unity's KOM "Summer Collapsed into Fall".  The vellum is attached over white cardstock (cut larger for a white border) with double stick tape on the outside perimeter.

I knew the tape would show through the vellum, but I didn't expect it to show up yellow! Pretty!  So I incorporated it into the color scheme with the yellow-green card base.  The dusty lavender matt helps tie in the gray/silvery iridescence of the embossing. A soft wash of pink, blue & lavender under the vellum also helped it come alive without being too loud.

Live a Life Inspired sentiment is also from Unity Stamp Company! (Honestly, they have the best sentiments!!!)

If you would like to see my other posts featuring butterflies, just type Butterfly in the "Explore "Hi!" Notes" search box on the left!! To see more posts using Unity Stamps, type Unity, etc!!

7 comments:

  1. Don't you love happy accidents like your Yellow Tape Effect? It's a technique now, lol. Lovely card and bravo for thinking out of the box. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant card! Great to seeyou linking to Moo Mania & More and your nice comment! Thank you for supporting us! Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card for our wings theme at Stamping Sensations. Great use of the vellum! Thanks for joining in this month and good luck! from Brenda and Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so pretty and unusual! Inspiring use of the vellum! It's often tricky to attach it without the fixing method showing, but it wouldn't have occurred to me to make the tape a feature! Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.