Community Favorites

Friday, August 30, 2019

Don't Mess Up!! Experimenting with Crystal Drops without commitment!


Just a fun and really quick tutorial concerning how I personally like to insure size and placement of my Nuvo Crystal Drops!!

The photos are self explanatory, but what's a blog without a little bit of text?!!!

Once my project is ready to accept embellishment I often place a thin, clear and super slick sheet over the top. (I get these sheets from the inside of clear stamp packages. Really only one protection sheet is necessary - to protect the "sticky" back of the stamp & keep it clean & sticky!!)

Then it is just a matter of messing around with dot colors, sizes and placement! On symmetrical projects like this one it was fun to turn the clear page 1 quarter or 1 half turn to see how the same dots looked else where!

When they look good to me I let them dry on the clear sheet and then place them on my project with a dab of liquid glue.  Insanely easy and no oops' like a large blob where a tiny one should be!!!

In case you're wondering, the background stamp is 1997 Stampin' Up! in white embossing over blue cardstock.  The White cardstock medallion die can be found on Amazon!!

Like a flash ~ Labor Day weekend is here!  I hope you find time to spend quality moments with family, friends and maybe a little bit of it crafting or just sharing someone else's craft that caught your eye <3

Blessings,

5 comments:

  1. It's a wonderful, "universal" style creation, Wendy, and so pretty in the monochromatic theme! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! This is such a great tip because I am always having those oopsie blobs on my card. It's so frustrating when it's the last step, and I ruin it..eek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Such a smart idea. Thanks for sharing this great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really pretty and delicate creation in the soft colours, thanks so much for joining in with our 'Feminine' them at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely background and medallion, great idea with the Novo drops. Thank you for joining our 'Feminine' challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.