Community Favorites

Sunday, August 18, 2019

Flowers & Butterflies

What's one of your favorite things about Summer?  ~OK, I agree, ice cream is one of my favorites too!  But while I was outside trimming trees and harvesting poppy seeds I couldn't help but appreciate the splash of beauty butterflies are.  When I was a kid I dreamed of being able to catch one of the rarely seen swallow tail butterflies floating around our barnyard & have a leisurely & up close look. . . but I never did!

Maybe that's why I have ump-teen butterfly dies and stamps!  They are so beautiful and the coloring options are just endless!  Very rewarding and cost effective since I use them so often!  This particular  one is cut out of black card stock with an underlay of splashy & vibrant water colors.

The background beauty is from Unity Stamp Co. SMAK kit "Choose A Happy Heart".  I embossed it in gold on pale peach paper & then colored in just some of it with white & orange & hot pink gel pen for a pleasant "pop"!  The black card it's mounted on was another way to pop the color.  I added a rectangle of the pale peach paper inside with the birthday sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by...
Hope your Summer is going well and you have a chance to sip some ice tea and enjoy the butterflies


6 comments:

  1. Wendy, this is beyond gorgeous!!! Brava!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, your butterfly card is amazing with its Asian flavor, and gorgeous colors! Like your stash, my butterflies inhabit mine as well! Wishing you a great day. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely butterfly art! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made a lovely background for the pretty butterfly. Thanks for joining our chalelnge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful card, gorgeous butterfly and background stamping

    Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.