Community Favorites

Friday, January 10, 2020

Roses in Winter


It is so difficult to express our sorrow for those left behind when a loved one passes.

 I wanted the card we shared with this family to be a soft hug and yet celebrate the beauty of a life well lived.

My plan was to use the vibrant & feminine colors of her life and gently mute them under a bouquet of roses.

The brilliance of the Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks on this card were softened beautifully under the vellum panel,  heat embossed in gold with Unity Stamp Company's large rose from the December 2016 KOM "Always Been You" collection.

"Beautiful Life, Blessed Memories" sentiment from Unity Stamp Company
I stamped and cut out 2 of the roses on copy paper to use as masks to create a layered look on the roses; turning them to add dimension and make them each look like a different image!
























The die cut "Prayers" is from the Hero Arts "Stamp & Cut" series.   2 layers ~ the first is black cardstock & attached underneath the white.  (this gives it sturdiness and dimension)

Soft and feminine, I just love the way this card turned out.

1 comment:

  1. Wendy, this is one of the prettiest sympathy cards I have ever seen! I am smitten by the soft oxides and rich golden embossing. But I am even more impressed with your masking of these delicate images on VELLUM no less! It's an amazing card! thanks for sharing how you made it. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.