Community Favorites

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Hello Winter!




Hello Winter!!  Even after all these 50+ years you still amaze me and fill my heart with wonder!  I was lucky to grow up in wide open spaces and the silent enormity of Winter has always overwhelmed my heart with presence of God.  
There aren't a lot of distractions in a snow scape . . .  Sometimes it seems like endless miles of snow, bare trees, and rolling hills.   I always feel small and vulnerable; just a speck in this awesome universe that speaks to the presence of its creator.
   
The beginning of this card was simply a galaxy background. I followed it with an experimental window I then framed with an emboss only "die". The snowflake circle was left over from another snowy card and I loved the dimension it added to this cosmic background piece!

God bless you this cold & snowy season! I hope you find plenty of time to catch snowflakes and "be still" ………..

2 comments:

  1. A lovely card, Wendy! Very sintry, love your galaxy background. I've yet to try one of those but want to. I have that Spellbinders Flurries die and that's a great way to use it but I find it a bugger to cut well. Think I've only used it once. Loved what you wrote about winter. Reminds me of one of my fave writers, Willa Cather. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.