Community Favorites

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Sending Happy Wishes


Wow!  What a busy last couple of weeks!  Traveling to my big brother's wedding, 4H conference in Corvallis, headlong into Spring Fair, replanting my garden, as we had several days below freezing & now on to Summer Camp (luckily I'm only driving there and back!!) Which means that as long as it is raining (Yes, I forgot to mention the arrival of rain! Beautiful, cool WET rain) I may have time for some crafting and blogging!!









First I would again like to thank Unity Stamp Company for my prize package which came somewhere in the midst of all of the above! $50 worth of beautiful stamps <3  I highly recommend visiting their store and Face Book sites and JOINING IN THE FUN !!

Which Brings me to my next subject:  Weekly Challenges!  Always inspirational, this week on the Unity show & tell FB page the challenge is: any item made with one of the "Unity Girls" 
This is the one I chose. She is from the Kit Of the Month MAY 2014.  I used a sentiment from a newer kit Sending Up Something Beautiful.

I needed to make a few birthday cards and the request was for bright colors.  I first water colored the image with my "Zig's" and then decided that this shade of pink (Pixie Pink from Stampin' Up!) went best with the colors I'd used.  I wanted the background to "pop" a little so I inked  my multi-striped embossing folder from The Paper Studio with Rose Red from Stampin' Up then embossing the pink cardstock which also transferred the color simultaneously.  I thought it was beautiful just like that!  Adding Black to the card made it a little more sophisticated and punching a lacey edge for the white card base gave it the vibe I was looking for. 


 I added the tag on the inside just to finish it off as a birthday card, but I could've left it as a note card otherwise.



Simple, beautiful and so full of celebration!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.