|Water color blues & grays background|
I love cardinals. I think it is because of the startling red color of the males in the stark winter snow scape. Lovely . . . .
This by far though, is my favorite bird stamp! You can get it here:
After stamping it and coloring it a couple of ways (water color background, vs water color cut out) decided that I was obsessed with fussy cutting the whole thing and putting on different backgrounds! I loved the simplicity of the snow scape at the bottom & use the stitched edge dies from Frantic Stamper (http://www.franticstamper.com/Frantic-Stamper-Precision-Die--Stitched-Scene-Builder-Edgers-set-of-4-dies_p_117394.html)
On this one I decided to try a wood grain embossing folder. This one is from Tim Holtz ALTERATIONS. I inked the inside with several shades of green. After it was embossed I took a brown ink pad and rubbed across the raised areas. Then a simple tag heat embossed with white branches, attached with brass brads holding the die cut sentiment JOY found at one of my favorite web sites https://www.papertreyink.com/pti-dies/papertrey-ink-holiday-double-cuts-die/
I layered ivory and olive ribbon beneath it putting that panel on top of a dark brown ~ pinking one edge & then onto cranberry cardstock. I think this one is almost my favorite!!
Because I'm not a great photographer, here's what you can't see, but made a big difference in the finished product:
1) All of the snow on the branches was covered with the Smooch Pearlized Top Coat
2) The berries were colored with 2 or 3 shades of red & orange
4) Each bird was lifted by dimensional tape (the star was flat against the background)
5) The background of the die cut "JOY" was heat embossed with Ivory branches. I wanted to keep the clean look but didn't want a large blank space either.
6) The backgrounds shimmered like a cold sky behind the birds ~ I just loved the effect!