Community Favorites

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Night Shadow - Digital Coloring & Fussy Cut Layers


This beautiful image, Night Shadow, is compliments of Ching-Chou Kuik Digis ~ the sponsor for this weeks PIP Challenge 1838!  I am really excited to share with you the amazing ease of coloring these beautiful images available in grayscale!  I so enjoyed coloring this image I printed it in several color schemes and left the one pictured above mostly colorless. For a little "pop" I used yellow chalk on the eyes. 

To accomplish the 3D effect, I printed this image 3 times and fussy cut portions out of 2 of them.  I then put 1 layer of dimensional adhesive below the lower cut and the owl and 2 layers of dimension under the center portion.  The icy cold and 3D combination really makes this image intriguing.  I matted it with a water colored background using blue since I changed the tint of the gray scale toward blue. It almost looks like it is made of porcelain the way the light plays off of its dimensions!!
                                                                                                 
                           






Don't forget to go to the PIP Challenge Blog website to download your creation!  Anything goes, so you have no excuse not to enter!!!  Ching-Chou Kuik is sponsoring the this weeks prize of ANY 2 DIGIS from their Etsy Store!!!!
In addition to changing the tint I decided to actually change the colors in each area.  This took a lot of time with the program I have, selecting and then adjusting the color scale individually for each area. Here are the original results:
               
Once this was accomplished I used the color slide to adjust the colors overall at the same time.  So within seconds I could go from my original color scheme to something more tropical or clear down to Autumn browns and golds!  
 
There is so much to love about the detail in this stamp that I preferred to print it fairly large at about 5.5 inches, then matting it up. It's a great image for the cover of a photo album because of this!                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.