Community Favorites

Sunday, September 9, 2018

Addicted to Linear / Border Stamps!!

Ahhh! Today I am sharing some creations using my favorite background technique!! Oxide stripes with linear stamp accents. They work with just about any theme or image in the foreground and what is the most fun for me is coming up with new color combinations!!

As luck would have it - it is also PIP Challenge week # 1836 ~ Anything Goes! So don't hold back!! Give a new technique a try, post your project at the PIP Challenge Blog and you could win a $12 discount code at Di's Digi Stamps!!  You can use it on any of hundreds of great digital images!
 
CLICK PICTURES TO SEE MORE DETAIL
This time I branched out a little bit, experimenting with new colors and some new embossing powders.  The powders are from Lindy's Stamp Gang and WoW!! do they ever have a great variety of beautiful, bright, 2 tone colors!!! They're addictively fun!! They also become a nice smooth gloss which is what I prefer in an embossing powder!

Additionally the butterflies are a wonderful arena of creative excitement for me so I will be sharing a tutorial on them soon.  Follow my blog & I will come back in & create a link when I get that tutorial posted :)




Meanwhile, here are some of the Autumn Colored stripes I tried for the first time.  I am so excited to use them with leaves, owls and sunflowers. I will again link them HERE when I get them put together!!        
 




                             









For your convenience below are quick links to the oxide stripes tutorial, PIP Challenge Blog and Di's Digital Stamp shop -- have fun!

To see a quick tutorial CLICK HERE!
To Link up your creation CLICK HERE!
To shop Di's Digis CLICK HERE!! 

   


2 comments:

  1. Helllo Wendy,
    Couldn't see your card on your Facebook page but found the link back to your blog. I love the background you have created for your butterfly and great use of the colours. I will add your face book entry when I run the numbers for the prizes on my challenge. Thankyou for coming and spinning the wheel with me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy, what a great way to use border stamps!!! Love it and certainly will try it myself sometime.
    You said you couldn't read my (Dutch) text, but I do have a translate option on my blog.
    But, I just said it was a colour lesson for markers at Kit And Clowder. I used Copics to colour.
    Hugs Jolanda
    https://jolandasblogs.blogspot.com/2018/09/bruidspaar.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.