Community Favorites

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Gold Embossing Powder Comparison

I was recently asked what kind of gold embossing powder I used on my "Something Feminine" post which you can see Here.  So I thought I would show you several gold embossing powders I have purchased -- trying to find one I liked as much as the bright gold Joanne Craft Essientials powder I'd used for years! I cried when I learned it was unavailable ~ I searched Amazon & eBay!!  I tried mixing a couple of gold powders (one was too pale, one was too dark) but when combined they just looked speckled!! :(  I also tried YouTube.com with little success!

So here's a quickie of what I have on my shelf ~ I know some of them are a few years old but maybe you have them on your shelf like I do & wonder how they compare to others!  Hopefully this will help if you plan on purchasing gold embossing & are looking for a particular look :)  CLICK photos to read the brands . . . .


Some are more brown or yellow while others are dull or bright.
I found that Lindy's was a little bit see through. Try it with colored inks like red or cocoa for interesting color differences!  Here it's stamped over a deep brown as opposed to over a clear ink.

I personally prefer the slick, liquid look of the Stampin' Up! Gold which is what I used on the "Something Feminine" post.  Followed by a close second of the Ranger Princess Gold.

In my quest to find a gold that I liked as much as the Joanne Craft Essentials I want to try out many more, with names like Enchanted Gold, Gilded Gold, Pearl Gold, Queen's Gold . . . .  by companies like Ranger, Stampendous, Zing, Wow, Nuvo and lesser known brands. But who can afford to!!?  So if you have some embossing samples to share please do so!!  You can add a link in your comments below or feel free to post comparison photos on my Face Book Page "Hi!" Notes.

Hope this helps a little!!  Happy Crafting ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.