Community Favorites

Monday, September 23, 2019

I 💖 Autumn

Today I am celebrating a new addition to my Autumn!  (& every day of the year from now on!!)  And part of that celebration is a big THANK YOU! to the good friend who made this little pumpkin hauling (yes! I have plans....) truck part of my reality!!

Here is the card I made to thank her before I remembered that she STRONGLY dislikes orange (& that's
a big reason she wanted rid of the truck so bad!!!)  I thought I would share it with you all any way since I LOVE Autumn colors, including orange, rust, etc!!

This was simple to create.  I used TH Distress Inks (Fired Brick, Rusty Hinge, Spiced Marmalade & Mustard Seed) Intensely blended on heavy white cardstock and stamped with 2 of my favorites from Unity Stamp Co!!  They were embossed with clear iridescent embossing powder from Stampin' Up! and then blotted with a wet towel until I got the soft results you see here.  The intense ink was trapped and unchanged under the embossing powder! 

Then I found a pretty frame die that highlighted the star of the show ~ that gorgeous leaf with a heart!  I piled 3 of those together for dimension doing the same for the die cut sentiment.   All 3 parts are mounted on Stampin' Up!'s "Really Rust" textured paper.  

I think I will be messing around with making more variations of these!!
Happy first day of  Autumn!!
Oh! PS I used a red colored pencil to highlight the heart!!

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable card, the colours are simply amazing! Happy fall!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.