Community Favorites

Sunday, September 17, 2017

You Friend, are a HOOT!

Good morning & welcome to another fun week at the Hi Notes blog!!Remember that sample of plaid paper I was teasing you with?  Well, here it is!! There is also a second plaid project hiding in this post, can you see it??
Caption: "Chiller" font before printing
They are generously donating the prize  to one lucky crafter!


I have to admit I did have another digi from them that I planned to use this week, but I got 80% into my project & realized I would need more water color paper!  No big deal! Right?  Not when you live between mountain ranges in the middle of no where!!  So I had to put on the brakes and think up a new project.  It was painful for me to give up on the autumn card I was so excited about!!  My plan was to use these owls in a Halloween post, but I love this digital so much that I was able to think up something fun in a jiffy!! So be watching for a completed water color Autumn card with more Bugaboo Images!!!


do you see the second plaid project? :)
Inspired by Tatiana Craft & Art with her non-traditional leaf colors I decided to make one of the cards with pinks, blues & purples!!  Thanks Tatiana!!  I really love those cards :) 


I printed off a few of these owls because I wanted to be prepared with back ups!!!  I do this a lot since once I cut my full size sheet I can not run it throught the printer again, this way I utilize the paper better, esp if I need to print off a second digi!!


                        
I thought it would be fun to lay the cards flat so you could see the backs & how they were constructed.  I think I will add a stitched edge to the back flaps. 
  
Here are the insides :) CLICK photos to view them larger

REMEMBER, LINKS ARE IN BOLD SO CLICK AWAY ;)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful work thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, I just love coming to your blog;always have ideas I'd never think of on my own. I sadly can't say which I like better because I love them both 😁. The pink plaid is so cheery with the yellow and blues yet I can't deny my love of the traditional colors. Coloring and finishing details are over the top! Looking forward to my next "lesson."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Bugaboo image, and love both of your cards!! Can't wait to see the finished watercolor project!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.