Community Favorites

Friday, February 1, 2019

Butterfly Lantern



For my base I cut a 9x9 inch square and scored it  to maintain a 1/2inch ledge leaving the long tails to close off the bottom.  The interior scores were made to leave an opening the size of my lantern base (3x3inches).



After the vellum was placed inside the panels (& before bending and assembling the sides) the scroll green die cuts were glued to the outside center of each vellum panel.

The butterflies were die cut "skeletons" put over chalk colored crepe paper & closely trimmed.


The lantern its self was inserted into the space left in the base.  The door was trimmed 1/8th inch from the bottom so that it would be free of the base and able to swing open.
   
The final detail was the loop of ribbon simply threaded through the bead and cut flush on the bottom.  I used quite a dollop of glue on the bottom of the bead, effectively capturing the ribbon & anchoring it to the lantern.

Thanks friends!!  I so enjoy sharing my little brain storms!! If you have an idea, method or insight to share, please do so in the comments below!!



2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow... how great idea, to made a lantern with a lot of butterflies... I really LOVE it :) Hugs Ute

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WHAT A FABULOUS PROJECT. I HOPE THE SCOR-PAL MADE THE PROJECT GO A LITTLE FASTER AND EASIER.
    DIANA CRICK

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.