Community Favorites

Friday, April 26, 2019

Water Color Landscapes



I would never claim to be a watercolor artist, but I am in love with water coloring!  It is so "free-form" and very forgiving!  
 
These landscapes were made with Stampin' Up! inks applied to  acrylic blocks, adding droplets of water and then painting them onto watercolor paper.  I experimented with using a couple varieties of color.
 
I found that it didn't matter if the colors "went" together because once they merged and mingled the effect always turned out harmonious.  A good thing because I have a very limited supply of bottled inks!

The one thing I have found to be a big problem for me is covering any portion of the water coloring!!!  I fall in love with the nuances of color and swirl, so I try to pick minimal subjects and sentiments to put over it. I do find though that it always enhances the background, so it's worth the struggle!!

Layering is fun also because SO MANY colors go with the tons of colors that wind up present in the painting!  So enjoy a day of making backgrounds with any water friendly medium and some watercolor paper.  You're likely to wind up with papers for book and journal covers, greeting cards, doll house siding(!!!) and more!!!

Beautiful Spring wishes to you!

2 comments:

  1. Two gorgeous creations, Wendy! I love the spring time colors, and the lovely bible verse! Wonderful cards! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stained glass design and the lovely sentiment work beautifully together, as does your watercoloring, Wendy! So glad you played along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.