Community Favorites

Monday, April 29, 2019

You Are Amazing!

Mother's Day is a bitter-sweet time for me...  Although I am a Mom & I love being a Mom, my sweet Momma passed away some 12 long years ago.  Of course I would love to make her Mother's Day cards every year, but since her passing I have intentionally steered clear of any stamps or card making that reminded me of her absence.  

This year Unity Stamp Company has a little "Mini Challenge" going for Mother's Day cards.

~ I decided to celebrate 2 of the best Moms I know -- my sisters!  



I had to be a little creative with the wording so it wouldn't sound like they are my Mom, and still be able to put "Happy Mother's Day" inside!  (This flabbergasted my 17 year old son!!!)  But I am so pleased with what I came up with!  

after inking, mask parts you don't want to 
stamp with tape. Be sure to remove the tape before
reinking & reapplying  if you're doing multiples.

I got so excited stamping that I ran out of time to make them all into cards....

WARNING!! THIS STAMP TECHNIQUE CAN MAKE YOUR DAY  VANISH IN A FLASH!  

I got super caught up in the crazy amount of color combinations and 2 & 3rd generation stamping that can be done with this technique!  I wanted to try it with dozens of my stamps!!  Goodness! Even when it didn't turn out - - - IT TURNED OUT!!!

A super simple technique:  spritz  Derwent Inktense blocks with a little water and "randomly" rub them over rubber stamps.  When you have all the colors on that you want, spritz them again with water (sometimes Heavy & sometimes lightly) & stamp.  The color bleed is mesmerizing!!

I also highly recommend this set of circle dies from Kat Scrappiness!  Swoon!!  I want to use them in every project!!  I'm trying to think of projects just to get to use them, they're SO pretty!!  #KatScrappiness !!




4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing how you feel about Mother's Day stamps, Wendy. I am the same way. While I'm grateful for the time spent with my mom, she has been gone for 27 years, and I miss her sorely. But she is never far from my thoughts. Loving the books with the "true story" sentiment after the AMAZING on top! Beautifully done. BTW, it's fun making MD cards for women in nursing homes. By nature, women are mostly nurturers, so whether they actually gave birth or not doesn't matter - it's a celebration of nurturing! Big hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words <3 I LOVE doing things for our nursing home! What a great idea, I'd never thought about it. Hugs and Blessings and Happy Mother's Day to you Donna :)

      Delete
  2. I have been like you since my dear sweet Mother’s passing nearly 12 years ago. It hurt too much to make or think of making cards for Mother’ s day. Especially since she cherished each card or gift that I made for her. She was my biggest fan. But this year I made a set of cards for a company that will be passing them out at nursing homes, etc.

    Sorry about that. Your cards are great! I love the mx of colors and how no two are alike. Your Sisters are going to love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda <3 I don't think we ever stop missing our moms, but taking care of those who are here & making them feel loved and remembered is such a beautiful idea! Thank you for sharing that :) Have a beautiful May and thanks for taking the time to comment :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.