Community Favorites

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Easter Water Color

Spring puts me in the mind to use lots of fresh colors!!

Watercolor is a forgiving medium, and theriputic to play with when you're in the mood to just swirl colors. It is wonderfully relaxing to put blobs of color on the wet paper and let it pool and run. I like to make several backgrounds at once, partly because it's addicting to mess with color combinations, & partly so that several are ready to go when inspiration hits!

For this one, after the paper dried I ran it through a viney embossing folder.  Look at that yummy texture!!!

I  fell in love with every random swirl of color and decided not to trim it!  Instead I used one of my favorite alphabet stamp sets to spell Easter, accenting the daisies with Morning Dew Nuvo Crystal Drops.

To make the colors pop more I used bright white strips of lacy die cuts from Kaisercraft & some thin scraps of Lawn Fawn plaid paper.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope your Easter is beautiful and blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.