Community Favorites

Saturday, October 22, 2016

making small die cuts "pop up"

Hi !!  Wondering if anyone else has ever had trouble "popping up" an intricate or small embellishment on a card or scrapbook?

I know that in the past I've been frustrated by the tiny pieces of foam adhesive sticking to my fingers or having the pop up foam showing after my project was complete!!  Argggg!!

The solution is so simple, but it took me a while to figure it out!  Here's what I did.  If you've found an easier way please be sure to share that in the comments.  We all appreciate that!!

#1  Place strips of foam mounting tape, (if it does not have the release paper on both sides of it)  sticky side down on WAXED PAPER 

#2 Using the same die as the item you want to "pop up" cut your foam mounting tape!   It's that easy !! !!

BE SURE YOU DO NOT PUT THE STICKY SIDE AGAINST YOUR DIE OR MACHINE!  It must be protected by release paper on both sides or you will have a time scraping the adhesive out of your die etc!! 

For me, the wax paper works great as a release paper, it easily peels it off when I needed to stick it to my project.  I also found that I did not need the entire shape to make my image pop, so don't worry about perfection.  The beauty of it is that your adhesive perfectly matches the shape of your die cut :)  I also took a Sharpie and ran along the edge of the die cut adhesive so that the white (even though it is not sticking out) is less conspicuous.

A close up of my completed project ~ The Stamp artist is Phyllis Harris for Unity Stamp Co and the leaf dies are a Tim Holtz design for Sizzix
I decided to have a little fun inside the card too!!
Have fun making your delicate or filigree die cuts "PoP"!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.