Community Favorites

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Halloween Greetings!!

The air is cold even in the full sun and all the trees are on fire with the colors of Fall.  In mere days children will be happily dressed as their favorite characters, animals or something ghoulish and scary!!  I love Autumn & I love Halloween :)  That's what makes this season of paper crafting so much fun!! Today I have a see through shaker card to share!  And the great digi collection that I used to make it was provided by this week's PIP CHALLENGE sponsor Digital Delights and you can win a gift certificate of $5 to use in their store!

"Boiling in the Pot" is the perfect set to use for a fun shaker card.  I put a branch through the crystal ball and added different stars, sequins and beads.  I also made the back of the shaker clear so that I could put the adorable witch peeking through it with her frog.  (I like to think she's giving him a bubble bath ~ the other possibilities are too gruesome!)
A small detail that made a BIG difference was the addition of Sharpie Black to the edge of the dimensional tape.  This helps the tape to disappear!  Next time I will color the back of the card stock with it too so the white edge doesn't show through the window on the inside of the card...

 
A little fussy cutting; some washi and I have a really cute card to share!  Now it's your turn!  Set free those creative juices and create something out of paper to enter in the PIP Challenge ~ Anything goes #1842 ~ You could win  a mini shopping spree & you'll have a lot of fun along the way. Stop by Digital Delights and check out some of their seasonal (& oh so affordable!) fun.                                            

I also considered using the Halloween Greetings" tag inside the crystal ball, but I couldn't pass up using the cute witch!!


Did I mention you can choose colored or plain? Super fast images for any project !!  Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a creative & wonderful day :)

1 comment:

  1. Darling, interactive Halloweenie creation, Wendy! I love your colors, and especially the tip about the black sharpie! I do try to color the edges of fun foam, adhesive and even cardstock with darker color alcohol markers because "it's all in the details", isn't it? Sigh - I could just visualize your Autumnal scene, and the laughing excitement of children on Halloween night. Thanks for sharing your amazingly colorful card and the see-through magic of it all! Fabulous! Wishing you a great week! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.