Community Favorites

Sunday, November 15, 2020

Expanding Your Inventory of Background Paper

I love background papers, but they can really add up $$ in a hurry and so many times I find the colors to be off just enough that I don't want to combine them.  Here's a little trick I use, I emboss plain papers that have the same color scheme as the original background paper!   

On this card, I used 4 shades of color (green, yellow, purple and taupe) that matched the Stamping up DSP I wanted to use for the base.  To keep it all cohesive I used gold on each of the papers using one of my favorite leaf stamps from #UnityStampCompany.  Then just cut and layer as you like!  This works great with different stamped backgrounds too, as long as the paper colors and embossing powder work with the patterned paper you are using ~ a WIN every time 💗

Of course it doesn't hurt to have a lovely image to stamp, like this one from Unity Stamp Co by Angie Blom!!

#HeatEmbossing #Unity #Autumn #Fall #Cardmaking

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.