Community Favorites

Sunday, November 8, 2020

Hello Awesome!


 I love Autumn!!  In fact I think it's Awesome!! (hee! hee!)  All the amazing colors and textures...  Here's and idea for combining them on a greeting card.  

The background of this project was inspired by the way beautiful Fall leaves float down  onto our wood deck.  

To get the same sort of plank decking look, I embossed my paper with a wood grain folder, colored it up and then cut the pieces into 'planks' of different lengths and reassembled them onto the card front.  I really like the way this turned out.  

I made this a pocket card because there were a lot of layers on the front panel of the card making it thick/heavy.  Adding a simple back would make it so disproportionate.   I like the idea of using this on an Autumn scrapbook page with the 'hidden' journaling or photo card pull out.For me, the leaves are the star of the show!  I love to heat emboss on them.  If you would like to know more about how, here's a link to that blog post.  WARNING: Stamping on leaves is highly addictive!

Blessings to you my friends ~ I hope you are well and looking forward to this holiday season as much as I am, and I hope we all find the time, friends and family to enjoy it with ❤💛💚 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.